ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this organization is PATCHOGUE GARDEN CLUB™.
ARTICLE II: PURPOSE
The purposes of this organization are:
(1) To design and maintain the Village Community Garden on Terry Street and South Ocean Avenue in the Village of Patchogue.
(2) To beautify the Village of Patchogue on a voluntary basis through the planting of trees, shrubs and flowers.
(3) To provide for the exchange of ideas, education and communication among members and the community on all aspects of design, gardening and maintenance.
ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP AND DUES
(1) There will be one classification of membership: Active Member. Active members in good standing are entitled to full participation in the activities and deliberations of the organization.
(2) The amount of membership dues to be paid will be decided by the Board each year prior to the annual meeting.
(3) Membership dues will be payable to the organization at the annual meeting.
(4) Members who fail to pay their dues by March 1 will be dropped from the membership rolls.
(5) No member may make public use of the name of the organization without first obtaining the approval of the Executive Board.
ARTICLE IV: OFFICERS AND GOVERNMENT
(1) The officers are: President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Treasurer, Corresponding Secretary, Recording Secretary, Historian, Parliamentarian, and Immediate Past President.
(2) The President will govern the organization and may, from time to time on matters of importance, seek the advice and counsel of other officers as well as the chairpersons of the standing committees.
(3) The chairpersons of the standing committees will have decision-making powers on matters pertaining to the operations of their committees provided that (a) they do not conflict with the constitution and bylaws of the organization, (b) committee members have been informed of the chairperson’s decisions prior to any action being taken, and (c) the President and the Executive Board approve such decision.
ARTICLE V: EXECUTIVE BOARD
(1) Voting members of the Executive Board will consist of the President, the First Vice President, the Treasurer, the Recording Secretary and the Corresponding Secretary.
(2) The Immediate Past President of the organization and the Historian will serve as advisory, non-voting members of the Executive Board.
(3) The Second Vice President will be a non-voting member of the Executive Board except in cases where the vote of the Executive Board is a tie.
(4) No voting member of the Executive Board may chair a committee that presents matters before the Executive Board for a vote unless that Executive Board member recuses himself or herself from the vote.
ARTICLE VI: TIME AND PLACE OF MEETINGS
(1) Meetings will be held on the fourth week of each month. Any change to the date or time of a meeting must be announced one month in advance.
(2) The place of each meeting will be announced one month prior to such meeting.
ARTICLE VII: AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION OR BYLAWS
(1) The Constitution and/or the Bylaws of the organization may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the members present and voting.
(2) Notice of any pending amendment will be given at the monthly meeting occurring two months prior to the meeting at which the action is to be voted on.
ARTICLE VIII: DISSOLUTION
(1) In the event of dissolution, all of the assets and property of the organization remaining after payment of all outstanding expenses will be distributed to another organization or organizations to be used in such manner as will best accomplish the general purposes for which the original organization was formed.
(2) The choice of organization(s) that will receive said assets will be approved by a two-thirds vote of the members present and voting at the final meeting of the original organization.
(3) No part of the net earnings of the organization will benefit any member or officer of the organization or any private individual (except that reasonable compensation may be paid for services rendered to the organization), and no member or officer of the organization or any private individual will be entitled to share in the distribution of any of the assets on dissolution of the organization.
Revised by vote on September 23, 2015