Join a Committee, this are Standing and Adhoc Committees to Come.
Program: Arranges for speaker for monthly meeting
Design: Develops the Garden Design
Maintenance: Maintains the Village Community Garden
Fund Raising: Coordinates projects to raise funds
Public Relations: Contacts media with event announcements
– Marketing: Website, Email, E-News, etc.
– Parades: St. Pats, Memorial Day & Lion’s 4th of July parades
– Newsletter: Preparation and distribution of the newsletter
Refreshment: Provides refreshments at meetings
Nominating: Presents a slate of candidates for election
Scholarship: Provides scholarship for one Pat-Med HS Student
Membership: Reviews members contact info, grows numbers
Bylaws: Pres. & Past President review bylaws and constitution
Garden Tour: Every July
House Tour / Church Tour: Alternate Decembers
Luncheon: Entitled “Think Spring!”
Social: Arranges ongoing Fun Events
Harvest Dinner: In the Fall, a Member & Guest Potluck
Chamber: Participates and works with the Patchogue Chamber
Day Trips: Plans Club Trips
Sunshine Committee: Send Card, Flowers or Fruit to Members.
Sunshine Committee Guidelines for Corresponding Secretary or Committee Member…
1. Send a card to each member on their birthday
2. Send a card to any member that they are made aware of that is ill beyond the common alignments.
3. Send a card to any member that they are made aware of that has had a hospital visit.
4. Send a card to any member that they are made aware of when an extended family member passes away.
5. Send a $50 total gift of flowers or fruit to a member who has had a hospital stay [2+ days].
6. Send a $50 total gift of flowers, food or donation to a charity of the family’s choice, in case of the death of an immediate family member [a father, a mother, a husband, a wife or child].
7. Send $100 total gift of flowers, food or donated to a charity of family’s choice, in the case of the death of a member
8. Send an email to the membership when they are made aware of illnesses, hospital visits or stays, or the passing of the member, their immediate or extended family, with mailing address of the member, or information about arrangements as soon as it is available.
Members interested in a Club T-shirt, Sweat Shirt etc. can purchase at http://www.cafepress.com/patchoguegardenclub