We still have about 7 spots available, and I will be opening up those spots to our Master Gardener Volunteers who have not already responded. Please share with anyone who you think would benefit from this workshop.
Here are the details:
· Suffolk and Nassau County Cornell Cooperative Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Programs host Cornell Garden-Based Learning for a regional workshop on February 8 and 9.
· This two day workshop will highlight principles of adult learning and youth development along with the benefits of gardening in community and youth settings. Together we will explore garden-based learning curriculum related to food gardening, climate change and art through hands-on activities. We’ll also discuss links with local program efforts.
· Participants will leave with enhanced confidence and a greater understanding of how to connect with community and youth audiences.
· Participants will be expected to return to their fellow Master Gardener Volunteers and share highlights from the workshop.
· The February 8th location: Suffolk County Farm in Yaphank from 9:30am to 3:30pm.
· The February 9th location: CCE Nassau, East Meadow Farm in East Meadow from 9:30am to 1pm.
Please confirm if you will be attending only the Feb 8th or both sessions.
Wishing you and yours have a wonderful holiday season!
Donna Alese Cooke
Community Horticulture Specialist
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County
423 Griffing Ave.
Riverhead, NY 11901
631-727-7850 ext 225